The Introductory Qualified Persons (QP) Training course is designed to ensure qualified persons have the skills they need to work as a QP.
The purpose of this course is to provide QPs with the knowledge and tools to help agricultural producers better integrate climate change considerations into agriculture water management decision-making, and to help producers adapt to and mitigate the impacts of a changing climate. The course will consist of five three-hour virtual online workshops delivered over two weeks, as well as online training materials, including e-modules, e-workbooks and videos.
The course is targeted at professionals who have related knowledge and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree. This is typically professionals who have a P.Ag, P.Eng., or A.Sc.t. designation; however, other professionals with experience in this area are also welcomed to take the course. After the completion of the Introductory QP Training course, a certificate will be awarded that is endorsed by the Water Security Agency and Southeast College.
- Sep 7, 2021 - Sep 16, 2021
- Oct 5, 2021 - Oct 14, 2021
- Nov 2, 2021 - Nov 11, 2021
- Nov 30, 2021 - Dec 8, 2021
To find out more about registering for the Introductory Qualified Persons Training Course, please contact Heather Davies (email@example.com).
Point of Adequate Outlet Course
The purpose of this course is to provide participants with:
- An explanation of key technical concepts required to determine the Point of Adequate Outlet (PAO).
- A generalized approach for hydrological assessment of the PAO.
- Step by step instructions procedures for determination of the PAO for a drainage application.
- An adequate outlet worksheet for submission with an application for drainage works.
To complete the course you will need to attend the two online sessions and a one day field class.
The first offering of the Point of Adequate Outlet course to QPs includes:
- Two online sessions, which will be held on August 16, 2021 between 1:30-3:00 & August 17 between 1:30-3:00) and;
- A one day field session in Moose Jaw on either August 18th or August 19th between 9:00-3:00.
- Note: The class size for the field day is limited to 15 people. So, we are offering two dates for the field day in August, but you only need to attend one of those dates. So, you will need to attend either August 18th or August 19th.
If you would like to register for the August 2021 course, please email Etienne.Soulodre@wsask.ca and indicate in your email which field day you will be attending, either August 18th or 19th.
If the dates in August don’t work with your schedule, we will also be offering the Point of Adequate Outlet course in September and October 2021:
- Two online sessions (Monday, September 27 between 1:30-3:00pm and again on Tuesday, September 28, 2021 between 1:30-3:00pm) and a one day field class in Yorkton on Wednesday, September 29, between 9:00am and 3:00pm.
- Two online sessions (Tuesday, October 26 between 1:30-3:00pm and again on Wednesday, October 27, 2021 between 1:30-3:00pm) and a one day field class in Moose Jaw on Thursday, October 28, between 9:00am and 3:00pm.
If you would like to register for either the September or October 2021 course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in your email which course you will be attending. Note: The class size for each of these courses is limited to 15 people.